Why Zoysiagrass Is So Preferred
More Beauty, Less Maintenance And Fewer Chemicals
- Requires up to 1/3 less water, fertilizer and herbicides.
- Reduces mowing and edging by up to 1/3.
- Dense, weed-free and carpet-like turf with vertical leaf blades.
- Highly tolerant to winter cold or summer drought.
- Eliminates fungicide costs.
- Remains strong and wear-resistant.
- Suited for all climates.
A Winrock Zoysia® lawn adds beauty and value to your home.
The beauty and lower maintenance characteristics of Zoysiagrass will enhance your home lawn. Whether you obtain an "instant lawn" from solid sodding or grow in your lawn over time with plugs, the end result will be an environmentally correct, luxurious lawn that will require less maintenance and less worry. During the initial grow-in phase, your sod or plugs will require some attention; however, once your Zoysiagrass is established, it really likes to be left alone.
Winrock Zoysia® commercial landscaping cuts maintenance costs dramatically.
Zoysiagrass in commercial landscape applications communicates "high quality" to the passerby. Plus, the owner of the commercial property not only gets a luxurious look, the owner also gets lower maintenance costs: fewer mowings, less fertilizer and herbicides, and less water use. Most problems we see come from overwatering and/or over-fertilizing.
Athletic Field Applications
Winrock Zoysia's tolerance and low upkeep requirements make it ideal for public applications.
Zoysiagrass has been used on athletic fields in Asia for centuries. The International Olympic Committee has often specified Zoysiagrass for use in international competitions. So why do we not see more of it used in the United States? Beats us.
Zoysiagrass provides a tougher, denser and more durable athletic field surface while providing benefits of lower maintenance, less water and fewer mowings. Just like golf course superintendents used to hear that golf divots would not recover fast enough with Zoysiagrass, they now are better educated. The tougher and denser Zoysiagrass does not allow many divots and tears, and when they do happen they repair themselves faster because the injury is shallower and less damaging to the Zoysiagrass plant. So "play ball" on Zoysiagrass whatever the weather and you will see little to no turf injury.
Plus, athletic competition on Zoysiagrass is like playing on a living artificial turf surface! You get great ball roll, great footing and great resistance to wear and tear. And at low mowing heights, Meyer Z-52 Zoysiagrass survives the coldest winter weather better than any other warm season grass.
Golf Course Applications
Traps are surrounded by Winrock Zoysia® at Gleneagles Country Club, Plano, Texas.
Hundreds of golf course superintendents and owners have converted to Zoysiagrass fairways, tees and even roughs.
Because the cost of annual maintenance on golf courses can be controlled with our environmentally correct Zoysiagrass. Plus more and more golfers, including PGA professionals, prefer to play on Zoysiagrass because of its dense, carpet-like surface. Zoysiagrass grows slower than other grasses and needs less water, fertilizers, herbicides and mowings. But since Zoysiagrass is very dense (like a carpet) with a very tough root system, it stands up to the wear and tear of golf cart traffic and golfer divots. Zoysiagrass divots are smaller and shallower and hence heal quicker than other, less sturdy grasses. Plus, at low mowing heights, Meyer Z-52 Zoysiagrass survives the coldest winter weather better than any other warm season grass.
Environmental Benefits of Winrock Zoysia®
- Winrock Zoysia® offers some amazing environmental benefits when full grown:
- Creates Life-Sustaining Oxygen: There are over 1000 individual Zoysiagrass plants in one square foot of mature Meyer Z-52 Zoysiagrass. An area 7.5 feet long and 7.5 feet wide of mature Winrock Zoysia® provides enough fresh oxygen for one person for an entire day.
- Reduces Runoff: One square foot of mature Meyer Z-52 Zoysiagrass can absorb up to 12" of water in one day.
- Purifies the Water it Absorbs: Winrock Zoysia®'s dense root mass and soil microbes act biologically to break down chemicals and pollutants.
- Absorbs Pollutants: Winrock Zoysia® absorbs carbon dioxide from the air, i.e. from the exhaust of motor vehicles.
- Reduces Heat: Winrock Zoysia® is a solution to the much publicized Global Warming problem. Mature Meyer Z-52 Zoysiagrass absorbs heat from the sun and releases cool oxygen into the air. In fact, a healthy Winrock Zoysia® lawn has twice the cooling effect of the average size central air conditioning unit.
- Reduces Noise: Winrock Zoysia® absorbs, deflects, reflects and refracts sounds.
- Provides allergy control, glare reduction, particulate absorption and fire retardation.
It's Ideal for a Variety of Climates
Its excellent tolerance to severe cold; heat and drought make it ideal for all but the most extreme climates. See our Meyer Z-52 Zoysia Zone Map
Winrock Zoysia® - We are America's Foremost Zoysiagrass Source For Residential, Commercial and Golf Course Landscaping
At Winrock Grass Farm, Inc. we are committed to growing only the finest Zoysiagrass. First, our fine soil, which is uniquely suited for quality turf grass production, is sterilized to insure the highest soil purity at planting. Then our skilled specialists plant and maintain the Zoysiagrass (stolons and rhizomes) until our two-yearlong growing process is complete. Our mature Winrock Zoysia® sod is marketed to you fresh and weed free, ready for fast installation on your site.