Plug In The Perfect Lawn.
Less Work, More Beauty, Compare:
- 50% Less Herbicide Requirements
- 71% Less Nitrogen Fertilizer Requirement
- 33% Less Watering Requirements
- 33% Less Mowing Requirements
- 33% More Tolerance To Shade
- 5 Times More Tolerance To Winter Cold
- 3 Times More Tolerance To Summer Drought
- 2 Times More Turf Density
- Weed-free at maturity
- Needs less watering, less mowing, less edging
- Uses less fertilizer, less herbicides
- Root system density creates a thick carpet-like quality
- Highly tolerant to both winter cold and summer drought
- NEEDS LESS MAINTENANCE
1. Planting Bed:
For best results, thoroughly till the area to be planted, rake the soil free of any debris and, if necessary, add top soil. You may also want to check the pH of your soil (put some of your soil in a paper bag and take it to your county extension service for testing). A pH range of 6-7 is best. Tilling and loosening your soil allows the solons and rhizomes of your new planted Winrock Zoysia® to receive more oxygen and to use less of its energy fighting against soil compaction.
2. Make your Winrock Zoysia® Plugs:
Using the pattern on top or bottom of the box, use a large knife to cut the 10” x 15” slab of Winrock Zoysia® makes 96 1 ¼” plugs or 35 2” plugs. It is easier to cut the plugs by placing the soil side up while cutting.
3. Plant your Winrock Zoysia® Plugs:
Using a garden hand trowel plant your Winrock Zoysia® plugs on either 6” centers (approximate growth to maturity one year) or 12” centers (approximate growth to maturity two years). Match the soil surface of your plugs to the level of your soil (Don’t over expose the plug and don’t bury it). Water the area you have planted so that all of the plugs and all of the surrounding soil is thoroughly saturated. As the green thumbs say with a laugh, “Keep the green side up!”
4. Care For Your New Planted Winrock Zoysia® Plugs:
During the first two weeks keep the planting bed with your newly planted Winrock Zoysia® plugs wet. Then do not water more than once a week. Do not fertilize your planting until outdoor nighttime temperatures reach approximately 70° Fahrenheit. During summer months apply a balanced, blended fertilizer (i.e. 13-13-13) or brand name “weed and feed” fertilizers during the Spring or Fall. Always apply fertilizer to dry grass and then water thoroughly.
5. After the first two weeks:
Only water your Winrock Zoysia® when conditions seem dry. On the average 1” of water per week during Spring and Summer (including rainfall) is adequate. During the Winter you soil will hold its moisture an you need not water as often. Actually, it is better to starve your Winrock Zoysia® for water than to over water. Over watering creates an environment for fungus diseases in turfgrass.